Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Diggity Dog!

A white envelope in the mailbox from USCIS is priceless.

Our 1-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative has been approved.
In other words, this means that the U.S. is allowing us to proceed with A's adoption.

Triple yay!

Thank you for your prayers.

Next up, we are waiting for our Article 5 from the U.S. Embassy in I*d*a. This gives clearance (I think) for our case to be forwarded to their government, and then we need I*d*a to issue the NOC (No Objection Certificate) for A--which means they allow us to adopt her too.

After that, we have to pass court, etc.

We're still months (?9-12) out from bring our sweet girl into our family physically, but we sure like to see things movin'...A sweet lady I had never met encouraged me over the phone last week, and told me that she was praying for A's adoption process to move faster than any process had ever moved before. Amen!

Alright, got to keep myself movin' too, so times up.

7 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! So happy for you. :) Yipppeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Hot Diggity Double Dog! One step closer!!

    Leslie =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! I'm agreeing with that lady in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAHHHHHH!!!! WAHOO, YAHOO and every other cheer!! SO HAPPY for you :))) I'll be praying for a speedy Article 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Every step is one step closer to having her in your arms! It always amazes me to see parent going to ALL THIS WORK. Then I look at my Zeke and think...well why wouldn't we...it's SO worth it :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's great news! We're waiting for our updated I-800a so that we can send all of our paperwork to China...hoping it will come next week!

    ReplyDelete